Chicago Teachers Strategize on How to Indoctrinate Kids with Marxism
Do you know what the schools are teaching your children?
Visit Godfather Politics.
In September, the Chicago Teachers Union went on strike, shutting down the Windy City’s schools for 10 days. Many of those same teachers were in attendance on Nov. 10 at the Midwest Marxism Conference held at Northwestern University in Chicago.
The topics of the conference were:
- Marxism, Crisis & Resistance
- The Meaning of Marxism
- The Flint Sit-down Strikes & The Founding of the UAW
- From Apartheid Schools to the New Jim Crow: Racism, USA
- The Democrats: A Critical History
- Russia: A Case Study in Workers Power & Revolution
- Socialists & Trade Unions
- Class, Race & the Civil Rights movement
- Education & Capitalism
- Lenin’s Theory of the Revolutionary Party
- Marxism & Women’s Liberation
- Whose City? Labor, the 1%, and the Democratic Party Machine in Chicago
- Imperialism: Why Capitalism Creates War
- Detroit, I Do Mind Dying
Among some of the speakers at the conference was Jesse Sharkey, vice president of the Chicago Teachers Union. Another speaker who kicked off the conference was Becca Barnes, a Chicago teacher, who refers to American capitalists as capitalistic vampires. Barnes told the crowd:
“The struggle here in the United States has entered a new phase. Nowhere have we pointed the way forward more clearly than here in Chicago with the teacher’s union strike.”
One person who attended the conference noted that with the abundance of teachers and their response to the messages and participation in the workshops, it gave a clear message that the Chicago Teachers Union is one with the local Marxists. A number of the workshops were led by members of the local Chicago Teachers Union.
Each of the sessions that this person attended started with congratulating Barack Obama for winning his re-election. After listening to language filled with hate and anger aimed at America it became obvious to this person that the agenda of the Chicago socialists and teachers was to change society to be more like that of the former Soviet Union. He noticed that the philosophy of mass murderers such as Lenin were upheld and embraced by those in attendance. Teachers strategize on what and how to teach the school kids in Chicago to train them up with the Marxist philosophy.
Continue reading at Godfather Politics.