ObamaCare: Still a Disaster
From politicians to ordinary Americans, the president's signature bill is despised.
(/sites/default/files/uploads/2013/09/142006784.jpg.CROP_.rectangle3-large.jpg)Amidst the news of the House vote to keep the government open through mid-December contingent on Congress stripping funding from Obamacare, there are Americans of many political stripes who are opposed to what some have deemed this “rare strain of ‘flesh-eating bacteria’ that if not stopped and stopped now threatens the very life of our Republic.”
While the majority of Americans continue to oppose Obamacare, there have been a wide variety of powerful quotes detailing the opposition, which are important to note:
• “Obamacare comes to more than two thousand pages of rules, mandates, taxes, fees, and fines that have no place in a free country.” – Paul Ryan
• “People might not think that, but the Republicans have all of the cards. And this is the time to get rid of Obamacare. This is the time to make the great deal.” – Donald Trump
• “42 percent of Americans remain unaware of Obamacare – which will radically reduce Medicare benefits, and ensure significant new taxes and fees imposed on Americans throughout America.” – Dr. Chauncey Crandall
• “Unfortunately, President Obama’s failed policies of new regulations, higher taxes, and Obamacare and his anti-business rhetoric have hit Hispanics especially hard. Big government really hurts those who are trying to make it.” -- Marco Rubio
• “Americans were outraged and horrified by this president’s reckless spending and his endless assaults on the Constitution, but no issue drove them to rise up and fight back like Obamacare – both the abominable legislative monstrosity itself and the tyrannical, corrupt manner by which Obama crammed it through the legislative process.” -- David Limbaugh
• “I think the first and principle objective is to repeal Obamacare before it does lasting, fundamental damage to our health care system, to our individual liberty, to the relationship each of us has with his or her doctor.” -- Ted Cruz
• “After the Democrats shoved the 2700 pages of ObamaCare down our throats – and we did find out how expensive, controlling, and coercive the legislation was – a majority of Americans wanted the Supreme Court to toss it aside as unconstitutional.” -- Bob Beauprez
• “By 2014, we will have no fewer than four health care systems: Medicare, Medicaid, Obamacare and private-employer-provided insurance. In the long term, this is probably three too many. There is zero chance that the situation will be rationalized, and united, anytime soon - and it shouldn’t be. We should drift into health care rationality over time.” -- Joe Klein
• “Obamacare represents a shocking display of political arrogance. It’s about time Washington started listening to Americans’ common sense voices.” -- Fred Upton
• “What I want to do is to make sure that we fully repeal Obamacare. This will be one of the largest spending initiatives we will ever see in our country. And also, it will take away choice from the American people.” -- Michele Bachmann
• “The Obama Administration intends to bust the federal budget by potentially providing subsidies to millions of Americans who don’t qualify. Even liberals are frustrated that ObamaCare isn’t working.” -- Jay Sekulow, ACLJ
• “The failed stimulus, along with Obamacare’s long list of failures, show what happens when Congress passes laws in a rush.” -- John Barrasso
• “Obamacare. Get rid of it. Period.” -- Tim Scott
• “Simply put, ObamaCare cost Americans jobs through uncertainty and now implementation threatens even more jobs. No wonder the majority of Americans continue to oppose it.” -- Pete Sessions
Obamacare is yet another one of Obama’s terrible ideas and initiatives.
Freedom Center pamphlets now available on Kindle: Click here.